MMR Requirements and Tuberculosis Clearance
The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) requires all university students to have 2 doses of the Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine (MMR) or provide laboratory evidence of immunity. You may have your physician complete this form to document your MMR information. The vaccine is usually available at your physician's office or your local health department. The Health Center offers the MMR vaccine for $75.
Once your completed immunization record has been received and approved, you will be able to proceed with your registration. Failure to complete your State health immunizations or provide the necessary information to the Health Center may delay your registration or approval to attend class.
Former students who are returning to school may call the Health Center to check on your State health immunization status. Your requirements may have alerady been met, and we may be able to clear you for registration by phone.
If your country does not provide the MMR vaccine, please have your physician complete the bottom section of the "State Health Requirements" form.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
A medical exemption may be granted to SPECIFIC VACCINES.
- A U.S. licensed physician (MD or DO) must state in writing that giving a specific vaccine would endanger the individual's life or health, and specify the reason based on valid medical contraindications.
- The physician must state the length of time during which the vaccine would endanger the individual's health or life.
- The exemption certificate must be signed by the physician on the physician's printed stationery.
A religious exemption may be granted if the individual signs a statement certifying that his or her religious beliefs prohibit the practice of immunizations. The religious exemption form should completed and sent to our office.
Where Do I Send My Health Documents?
Tuberculosis and MMR documentations can be sent to the BYU-H Health Center by these methods:
- Fax: (808) 675-3506
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: BYU-Hawaii, Health Center #1728, Building 5, 55-220 Kulanui St., Laie, HI 96762.